[mythtv-users] No sound on Frontend in MythTV only [SOLVED]

Tue Aug 25 19:11:32 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 25 August 2009 13:47:18 Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/25/2009 01:14 PM, Eric A. Boney wrote:
> > I have a frontend setup on my living room tv. The frontend is
> > connected directly to the VGA input on the tv and the sound is
> > connected from the sound card directly to the sound input on the tv.
> >

> > Sound works just fine inside KDE while running Amarok or while
> > watching a video using Dragon. If however I try to listen to the very
> > same tracks or watch the same movie thru the frontend I get no sound.
> > I can see the video or see that the music track is playing.
> >

> > I have compared the settings of this frontend with the setting on my
> > laptop that work just fine and everything seems to be the same. Anyone
> > have any other ideas? I have 5 frontends and this is the only one that
> > seems to be giving me fits.
>
> How about posting the frontend log output (from a normal run with
> default verbosity, i.e. mythfrontend -v important,general )?
>
> Mike

Thanks for the tip on logging the output of the frontend. Once I did that and
reviewed the log I noticed that the their was a problem with the mixer on the
Music settings and on the video settings. On the music settings I had to
choose /dev/dsp and on the video settings I had to choose ALSA:defualt. Now
everything is working again on this frontend and I have sound on everything I
watch or listen to again.

Thanks again for the help!

-Eric