[mythtv-users] recording ruined by placeholder

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:42:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have just had my first recording ruined by a placeholder on DVB-T UK
Freeview using a Nova-T500 on Mythbunutu 9.04 (fully patched).

What happened was the recording was scheduled and it was the first programme
to be shown on the channel (BBC-Three). When BBC3 is off air it has a
placeholder / marker explaining when it will be on air etc,

When the programme started the placeholder did not go away and in fact it
has a message saying if you ocntinue to see the message to tune into another
channel and return to BBC3...

This ruined a recording which I then missed the repeats cause I didn't watch
it until al the repeats had passed.

I was wondering if there is anyway to resolve this as it must be affecting
many users. I never had this problem with my Humax PVR (I know not exactly
apples and apples)

thanks for your help

Thanks And Regards,

Richard Morton