[mythtv-users] Remote control delay and the EPG

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 01:44:20 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 12:34 PM, John H <arizonamythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you loaded icons in the frontend for all the channels? If not,
> this will cause significant delays in the EPG as it tries to load the
> icons that don't exist as it retries I think 5 times per icon.
>
> The easiest way (in North America) is to use the channel_icons script.
> In SVN it is in mythtv/contrib/icons/master_iconmap, not sure if it is
> in the repo you are using. It also requires the perl bindings be
> compiled into mythtv.
>
> If you do have it, call it like this:
>
> channel_icons.pl --find-missing --rescan
>
> It is interactive and fairly intuitive.
>
> HTH
>
> Tom
> __________________________
>
> Thanks, for the help. Actually, I have all the icons in place. A
> reboot fixes the problem. I'm just trying to work out the kinks before
> I turn the wife loose on the system as she has no patience. Not sure
> what's happening to cause the remote not to respond after so many days
> only on the EPG.

Was another solution ever found? I'm seeing this same exact issue, and I do
have all the icons in place. I can push one button and then all buttons are
unresponsive except Esc. Restarting gdm (and thus the frontend) fixes it
temporarily but it comes back at some point. I haven't been able to
thoroughly test it, but there seems to be no indication in the frontend log
that anything is wrong.
--Justin Johnson