[mythtv-users] New Frontend woes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 24 15:13:43 UTC 2009

On 08/24/2009 03:25 AM, Alex Fazzari wrote:
>>> You don't need to mount anything on the front end. Try removing the
>>> mount and the backend will stream the file to the frontend using
>>> myth's own protocol.
> That did it!  Thanks very much for that.  I've remounted the backend
> directory to a different mount point and it all works fine :)
>
> If I could get you a virtual beer I would.

Which probably means that your NFS was mounted without actime=0 .

"actimeo is used to turn off file attribute caching. Attribute caching
for a shared media point causes problems; you always want to see the
latest state of the directory and files"

(So, your NFS was seeing the cached--pre-creation of LiveTV recording
file--state of the share, so Myth couldn't see/access the LiveTV
recording file.)

Mike