[mythtv-users] Firewire modules do not load

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Mon Aug 24 12:27:34 UTC 2009

---- Steve Herber <herber at thing.com> wrote:
> What firewall box model do you have that just works.  Maybe I can trade in
> my motorola dct-3416 for one.

I just got my two setups working in the last few days:
Both use a FireWire from a DCHC3200.
(1) IBM Thinkpad 1.6 P4 ALI PCMCIA adapter running as a BE only.
     running mythdora 10.21 pretty much as installed off of the downloaded disk.
    Notre! the wireless authorization( WPA-PSK ) is broken on this... it's fine on fedora 4, through 11.
(2) Desktop running myth under buntu 9.04 Via Adapter running as a BE now but I will try BE/FE soon.

Both Have a small amount of random stuttering, on both SD and HD but not enough enough to bother me at least at this point.

I received a lot of help from others on this list... many thanks.
I am most certainly not a myth expert but I do intend to keep playing with this.
I now have five PVRs ( six if I count a linux networked TIVo series 1 ) up.
Mythtv is a great toy.