[mythtv-users] FW: FW: FrontEnd - Menu's Disappearing

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Aug 24 11:16:55 UTC 2009

> My combined frontend/backend worked a treat all week - no issues at all...
> Until my gf watched live TV.  Then, the menus disappeared twice in a day.

Yeah, I've had problem with the menus disappearing, though for me it
is only very rarely. Only a handful of times this year, and only once
I think did it happen multiple times in one day. I've never seen
anything interesting in the logs from it. Simply killing mythfrontend
and restarting it resolves the problem. At this point, I've pretty
much given up hope of solving it (though a solution is still welcome).
If it happened more often, then 1) I'd feel a more pressing need to
deal with it, and 2) I'd at least be able to do some serious debugging
(it's hard to debug something when you won't know for weeks, or maybe
even months, if your change did anything). Now I am simply hoping that
with all the changes in 0.22 (qt4 + new UI code) that it will simply
go away.

My system is running Debian lenny + 0.21 fixes from cvs. Core2Duo with
nvidia 7100 on the motherboard, 1080p via hdmi.

--
Ron