[mythtv-users] How to get current movies into myth for later recording?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Aug 24 01:17:13 UTC 2009

Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> says:
> If this hasn't already been done by someone and there are databases
> that would work I'd certainly be interested in implementing it.

I'd certainly like to see something like this. Ideally, it would be
part of a formal plugin with the Apple trailers script's functionality
(without the potential terms-of-use issues), so a movie with an
interesting trailer could be flagged to record when it shows up on
cable (almost always within 12 months).

I don't expect you to integrate all of the Apple trailer script's
functionality, but perhaps you could start off with a text-only plugin
that grabs the titles and descriptions from Apple or elsewhere?

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array