[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Video Acceleration Question (h.264)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Aug 24 00:41:22 UTC 2009

On Sunday 23 August 2009 18:28:54 Bill Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Jarod Wilson<jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> >> I certainly understand NDAs and the like.
> >>
> >> But could you at least tell us what hardware to *not* invest in right
> >> now?
> >>
> >> As an example, I'd hate to go spend money on an ION machine only to find
> >> it is
> >> obsolete and that a better solution exists.
> >
> > Just bought an ion myself, they won't be obsoleted. In fact, you could
> > actually use this *with* an ion system of the right type if you really
> > wanted to. Not entirely possible to give a definitive answer on what
> > kinds of systems *won't* be able to use this yet, as uptake will likely
> > play a part in what form-factors the offering takes on...
>
> So what you're saying is that it's nothing related to the mac mini at
> all, except that it can be used by that :p
>
> You could have just said that to begin with to save the speculation!
>
> My best guess was some sort of hook into the OSX 10.6acceleration

I think you're wrong. It obviously involves bionic implants into Myth user's
brains. Low power, minimal hardware and just about everyone has one.

But this is a public list, let's not put Jarod in a bad position. He'd have a
lot less time to play with the kernel if we get him sued :-)

I'm sure he will let us know when he can.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org