[mythtv-users] 1212 and channel changing

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Aug 22 19:58:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:53:11AM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> There are patches to enable the IR part on it, which I've added to
> the Fedora kernels, and I have such a kernel on my own box hooked to
> my HD PVR. I've yet to get around to trying to load lirc_zilog to
> see if there's further work needed there to make it happy with the
> HD PVR. Janne seemed to recall there was some work still necessary.
> Its indeed on my TODO list, but its a rather crowded list with
> multiple higher priority things on it, so I'm not sure exactly when
> I'll get around to it... :\

My firewire channel changing has been getting less reliable of
late(*), so I decided to give your patches a try.

First problem is the hdpvr i2c support is not enabled if both hdpvr
and i2c are built as modules.  The attached patch handles this for me.

Second problem is lirc_zilog doesn't seem to detect the hdpvr i2c
adapter.  I've added printk's to ir_probe to see what ids are getting
checked, but AFAICT, it is never getting called.

(*)My STB seems to go off-line as far as firewire is concerned
sometimes.  When it happens, plugreport acts as if nothing is
connected to the firewire port on the PC.  The only solution I've
found is to disconnect and reconnect the power to the STB.  This used
to happen about once a month or so, but has recently started happening
about twice a week.

David
--
David Engel