[mythtv-users] Idea: Myth Google Voice plugin

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sat Aug 22 03:29:13 UTC 2009

I don't know how feasible this is, but I thought I'd throw out this
idea for a MythTV plugin, and see if anyone would be interested
in running with it, if it is possible.

My idea comes from a service that cox Cable provides for their
customers.  For people who subscribe to both their digital TV and
telephone services, they provide a free service in which, if a
telephone call is received, then the caller ID information is
displayed on the bottom of the TV display.

My idea is for a plugin that would do the same for Google Voice
subscribers.  If a call is received to a Google Voice number, then
the caller ID information would be displayed at the bottom of the
screen while watching Live TV or a recorded program.