[mythtv-users] Semi-OT - Dual TV antennas

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Aug 21 23:37:44 UTC 2009

On Friday 21 August 2009 15:42:31 Craig Treleaven wrote:

> I think Brian has overstated the difficulties, somewhat.  DigitalHomeCanada
> has an excellent FAQ on the subject and quite a number of the members there
> use two (or more!) antennas.

I agree I was probably overly-pessimistic, but I have seen many cases of home
users spending time and money fooling around with this sort of thing and
winding up worse off than when they started.

Multiple antennas can be a good solution for some specific situations, but can
be difficult to implement, requiring very exacting construction and setup.

It also depends a lot of where the various stations you want to receive are, a
single off-axis station is a simple example, but the OP is talking about
local stations with probable multi-path and non-line of site problems.

To the OP: I used to live in Peterborough, we had a lot of fun getting CITY in
TO from there, this being back in the 70s, before the CN tower was
operational.

I recall one evening when CITY had some sort of local news show that referred
to Trudeau as a "silly asshole", which I though was unfair, or at least
wrong.

I still say TO is the cleanest city in North America.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org