[mythtv-users] Consecutive recordings / overlapping

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 08:41:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 04:58:52 pm Simon Hobson wrote:
> Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> >What are you recording? ATSC? DVB? With digital tuners myth can can use
> >multirec to overlap recordings on the one multiplex using one tuner. But
> > you need to use hard padding rather than soft padding.
> >   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex
>
> What is the setting called for that, it's not mentioned on the wiki
> page referenced, and I don't see it in the settings page on MythWeb.

You can set it per recording when setting a new recording in mythweb (The
Program Detail Page), it hidden by default - you need to click show in the
Advanced Options:(show) Label at the right hand side. This opens up a new set
of entries with "Start Early" and "End Late" at the bottom.

You can set the defaults for these in the mythfrontend setup,

- Setup
- Setup
- TV Settings
- Recording Priorities
- Set Recording Priorities
- Default "Start Early" and "End Late" entries

*IF* you have a ATSC or DVB Tuners and multirec enabled then overlapping
recordings on the same multiplex will only use a single tuner.

> >This does require Myth 0.21+
>
> Does 0.21.svn20080706-0.0 count - not sure what you mean by 0.21+ (I
> assume 0.21 and later).

Yes

Cheers,

--