[mythtv-users] AAC 5.1 over optical?

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Fri Aug 21 00:25:49 UTC 2009

ac3jack will encode multi-channel sound to ac5.1 on the fly and send it out
your spdif (with a lot of work and many caveats, starting with switching your
system to use jack for audio output). I use it with mplayer to watch AAC
encoded files. I also used it with mythtv, for a while, but there were some
annoying issues, and since all my tv recordings were sd anyway I just switch
it on for videos.

Start with google, but don't believe everything you read! E-mail me when you
have questions.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants                 (519) 650 0660