[mythtv-users] Storage groups, NFS, and uniqueness

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 20 03:17:18 UTC 2009

On 08/19/2009 09:36 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/392375#392375 and the
>>> rest of the thread.  It's fixed in trunk, now.
>> Can you please post the output of:
> Thanks.  I will try the "unoptimized" NFS.  Here is the df output, run
> at the same time while no recordings were in progress:

Thanks.  That was exactly what I needed.  The fix went into 0.21-fixes
in r21368 , so once that version is available from your packager and
you've updated, you can re-optimize your NFS (take out the 32kiB blocksize).

> Another issue is that thanks to autofs, I often get reports like this:
>
> Disk Usage:
>     * MythTV Drive #3:
>           o Directories: mythfe3:/net/mythmaster/storage/recordings,
> mythfe3:/net/mythmaster/storage1/recordings
>           o Total Space: -1 MB
>           o Space Used: -1 MB
>           o Space Free: 0 MB
>
> It probably wouldn't hurt to probe the directory before doing the "df"
> equivalent to be sure the directory is auto-mounted.

OK, so in the interest of full disclosure, I know nothing about autofs,
so I'm just the messenger, here, but we have some code in Myth (both
0.21-fixes and trunk) that deals with autofs and works for the Chris
Pinkham, the developer who wrote it.  He mentioned, though, that the
issue you're seeing seems to be caused by using --ghost with autofs.

Mike