[mythtv-users] 1212 and channel changing

greg pryzby greg at pryzby.org
Wed Aug 19 15:45:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2009, at 10:34 AM, greg pryzby wrote:
>
>  I have a 1212 and (FiOS QIP6416-2) STB in a closet and a front-end
>> elsewhere. I am pretty happy with the performance using the Mythbuntu and
>> weekly-builds, but I have one issue I am not sure how to address.
>>
>> Channel changing. Everything I read says the 1212 IR transmitter
>> won't/can't send a signal to the STB.
>>

> Yeah, its not enabled under Linux just yet. Might be soon though.

Hope it is soon or is there active development? (what I have read so far, it
just doesn't appear very high on the TODO list)

 It appears that firewire is enabled, but not active (from status menu).

Not sure what that means. Does the firewire-tester app in contrib/ or
> test-mpeg2 or plugreport see anything on the firewire bus?

W/ STB off, hit OK 2x quickly and there is a menu that gives you status on
the device. My take is I can't do anything on the port. I expect the apps
won't see anything on the bus, but I will validate.

I will check w/ those this evening. thx

>  Is anyone else using a similar setup and if so, how do you change channels
>> to record when you are asleep?
>>

> FireWire.

:)

Do you have FiOS? If so, what device and are? I am Northern Virginia

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

WEB:  http://www.RestonArtisTree.com/
TWTR: gpryzby
Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html>
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
spend."