[mythtv-users] 1212 and channel changing

greg pryzby greg at pryzby.org
Wed Aug 19 14:34:25 UTC 2009

I have a 1212 and (FiOS QIP6416-2) STB in a closet and a front-end
elsewhere. I am pretty happy with the performance using the Mythbuntu and
weekly-builds, but I have one issue I am not sure how to address.

Channel changing. Everything I read says the 1212 IR transmitter won't/can't
send a signal to the STB. It appears that firewire is enabled, but not
active (from status menu).

Is anyone else using a similar setup and if so, how do you change channels
to record when you are asleep?

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

WEB:  http://www.RestonArtisTree.com/
TWTR: gpryzby
Jonathan Swift<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/jonathan_swift.html>
- "May you live every day of your life."