[mythtv-users] How do I create a mythbackend watchdog timer?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 06:20:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:56 PM, David Schlenk<mythtv at schdav.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Ian Barton<lists at manor-farm.org> wrote:
>>> In another thread, it was pointed out that mythbackend crashes
>>> periodically and there is nothing I can do about it until it is
>>> debugged.  So, I want to create a timer that will restart if if it has
>>> crashed becasue I don't want my marriage to crash along with
>>> mythbackend.
>
> I've used monit as well. I don't currently and but I don't experience
> backend crashes ever, so maybe there's actually something wrong with
> your backend? Box has a couple pvr-150s and a couple PCI ATSC tuners,
> some sort of Athlon, 4SATA 1IDE HDDs. You running fixes or unstable?

i am running mythbuntu 8.04 long term stable fixes. I gave a lot of
detail in another email and was told there is a problem that is
unsolved and that until someone figures out which version of which
package is doing this, I am stuck with the problem.  I think an update
I did in February did it.  It never crashed before that and crashes
every 2 weeks or so now.

Allen