[mythtv-users] Problem updating video driver to 185.18.31

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 02:21:28 UTC 2009

> If I run "apt-cache search nvidia", I get a LOT of packages.  How do I know
> what to uninstall and not do major damage?  An example of some of the
> packages listed:

apt-cache search will show you all of the packages available in the
repositories you are currently using. You may want to try 'aptitude
search nvidia' and then you will see all of the packages like
apt-cache but it will also tell you which ones are installed (ie the
ones that have the letter 'i' in front of them. On my mythbuntu system
I could uninstall all of the nvidia packages without causing problems.
I may not have get X up until I reinstall what I need but that isn't a
problem. The advice from Jean-Yves will help you make sure that
everything is actually cleaned up and gone after you have uninstalled
what you can with apt.