[mythtv-users] Updating Toronto Ontario OTA channel map...

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Aug 19 02:05:24 UTC 2009

I have done scans on my TV, with both the digital and analog input
tuners. I have consolidated the changes/additions in the list below.
As I am in Clarkson, I cannot say anything about Rochester stations.
Anyone want to add some?
The only oddity really is that there appear to still be some US analog
stations.
Geoff

Dennis Cartier wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151 at gmail.com
> <mailto:colin.mc151 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     As noted in a past e-mail Schedules Direct is now offering digital
>     over the air channel listings for locations in Canada, which is nice.
>     But a quick glance at the current line-up shows some ... issues. High
>     powered Buffalo NY analog stations are still listed and some new
>     digital stations are not listed.
>
>     I sent in a note to Schedules Direct noting the most glaring of
>     issues. I received back a response that could be summed up as ...
>     okay, what should things look like?
>
>     My location in Toronto is less than ideal (some large tall buildings
>     nearby) and my equipment not ideal (a good but not top of the line
>     antenna mounted on the roof). So, before I respond the Schedules
>     Direct I would like to know what the ideal channel line-up for Toronto
>     should be? In other words if you had a first rate antenna on a tall
>     tower (or tall building) with a first rate TV what channels could you
>     reasonably hope to get. My first pass at that answer (for which I
>     relied in part on the data at : http://www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/) is
>     below:
>
>      2-1  WGRZ-DT1 (on Channel 33)
>      2-2  WGRZ-DT2    "