[mythtv-users] Editing/transcoding HD-PVR (.ts) files

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Aug 18 21:29:13 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 August 2009 14:39:02 Bob Sully wrote:
>> Thanks, Brian and Doug for the list of apps - will check them out.  As
>> Doug is using avidemux, will look there first.
>
> That's probably the best place to start. Cinelerra is a full-blown editor,
> capable of producing feature films. If you just want to cut commercials, it
> would be a bit like swatting a fly with a howitzer.
>
> You might also look into projectX, a java-based editor that's pretty basic.
>
> Avidemux is probably best for you, though.

Avidemux is an excellent transcoding tool.  I find its editing features
a bit awkward, though.  If transcoding isn't your goal, you may want to
try out DVBCUT, which has lossless MPEG editing as its entire purpose.

I never did get Cinelerra to work.  No matter what I did the video and
audio were out of sync, making accurate editing impossible.