[mythtv-users] Motherboard recommendation Socket 775 with NTSC TV Out

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Aug 18 17:40:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Javier Perez<pepebuho at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know I can use a graphics card, but the only ones I have seen with
> composite out is some Jaton brand I've never heard about.It would be a more
> expensive route, I think.

I'm not aware of a motherboard with composite out on the board.

A Jaton card should work fine.  It's more important who made the
chips, not who soldered the chips to a board.

Newegg has video cards with composite out starting at $25.99 with free
shipping.  If you do find a rare motherboard with this built in, you
might end up paying more then that over a comparable motherboard
without it.

Eric