[mythtv-users] Low power AMD processors

Paul Gallaway pgallaway at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:27:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM, David Schlenk<mythtv at schdav.org> wrote:
> Anyway, has anyone tried one of these with MythTV? Specifically
> wondering how well they can play back 720p/1080i MPEG2 and whatever
> format the HDPVR uses. I'm interested in playback performance without
> hardware acceleration ala XvMC or VDPAU, not that I won't use one or
> the other, but because I'd like to be able to not use it if need be.

I am in the process of assembling a new desktop system using an Athlon
ii X2 240. Video will be an Nvidia 8400GS. The primary use is not
MythTV (it's not even tertiary but that might change). I always
install the frontend just for fun. If I don't get the system to a
point where I can test it tonight it might be a week or so before I
get another chance.

Are test clips for 1080i/720p mpg captures and/or HD-PVR captures
posted somewhere that I could test with (both not currently in my
setup)?
--
~pAul.