[mythtv-users] transcoding issue

Peter Hocking peter at thehockings.org
Tue Aug 18 04:58:32 UTC 2009

Hi

I'm running 0.21.0+fixes21261-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu3 under Ubuntu 9.04 64
bit on an Athlon 2800, (Socket 754).

I recently set up transcoding on the PC & all was well. I was able to
view the transcoded & non-transcoded recorded shows under XBMC running
under Windows XP. However, any shows transcoded since Sunday night have
no video just a green screen, but audio is OK. The same recordings can
be viewed on my MythTV PC.

If I have go to download recordings via MythWeb, the shows transcoded
since Sunday night come down as .nuv files, any non transcoded shows or
shows transcoded prior to Sunday night are .mpg files.

I've changed nothing in my normal, (default), transcoding profile &
can't see where the output file type is specified in it.

Any ideas as to how to get it outputting .mpg files from transcoding?

TIA

Peter