[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct now offers Canadian OTA digital listings...

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Aug 17 16:24:21 UTC 2009

Dennis Cartier wrote:
  > Also a few of the stations (Omni1, Omni2, Sun) show up as being on a
> different channel than what I actually receive them on. I suspect they are
> including the Hamilton versions and I am picking up the CN Tower broadcast
> (or vice versa). Which brings up a good point ... does anyone know how to
> 'easily' re-map the channel in Myth to utilize the scheduling info from a
> different SD channel?

I am reasonably sure about the following. However, it may make the cat
chase the dog, and make your hair fall out.... YMMV especially if you do
not back up first.

I *think* that all you need to do is to change the xmltvid field in the
channel table, from the 'wrong' number to the number of the   channel
whose scheduling you would like to use...

ie you have a scanned channel CFMTDT, 47-1 with xmltvid  "44788"
(discovered through zap2it. but it has no entry in the schedules direct
lineup for your area.

There IS an entry for the analog version CFMT, channel 47, with xmltvid
"10105".

Change the xmltvd entries

This example uses WUTV, which is the only pair like this that I have at
present:

$  mysql-u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

mysql> select chanid, channum,callsign, xmltvid from channel where
callsign like "WUTV%";
+--------+---------+----------+---------+
| chanid | channum | callsign | xmltvid |
+--------+---------+----------+---------+
|   1028 | 28      | WUTV     | 11953   |
|   2291 | 29-1    | WUTV-HD  | 42945   |
+--------+---------+----------+---------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> update channel set xmltvid = "11953" where xmltvid = "42945";
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

mysql> select chanid, channum,callsign, xmltvid from channel where
callsign like "WUTV%";
+--------+---------+----------+---------+
| chanid | channum | callsign | xmltvid |
+--------+---------+----------+---------+
|   1028 | 28      | WUTV     | 11953   |
|   2291 | 29-1    | WUTV-HD  | 11953   |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> quit;

Thereafter, 29-1 will be tuned using the digitial ATSC details connected
  to chanid 2291, but will download the listings from chanid 1028.

At least, that's how I think it works.
Please go play in the minefield, and tell us how it works out!

Geoff