[mythtv-users] Restrict tuner usage at a given time

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Mon Aug 17 14:27:44 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Brian Wood<beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Monday 17 August 2009 00:57:56 Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>
>> There is a patch in ticket #3422 that I hope to get in before 0.22 that
>> would let you lock a tuner via the Myth protocol and then unlock it
>> later.  This could be used for what you're trying to accomplish.
>
> That would be a "good thing" for a couple of resons in addition to the
> situation mentioned by the OP.

Chris and others,

I have a different, but semi-related use case:

my daughter tends to watch t.v. at the same time as the first showing
of something that I want to record (which I have sent to "record
once"). I need to be able to create a semi-blackout period that pushes
myth to record later showings when there is a later showing. Bonus
points: when there isn't a later showing, I want the option of having
it, on a per show/rule basis, either record anyway (over my daughters
wishes), or not record (so she can watch her Hanna Montana).

The main reason for the semi-blackout period is that I'm still working
on her to use myth for her viewing - she tends to change the channel
of the cable box directly, so Myth doesn't even realize it is
capturing Hanna Montana rather than my show.

In summary, I think I need to be able to assign a lower priority to
recording at certain times of the day - but not shut down the tuner
altogether.  Anyone have ideas regarding that?

Thank you,

   Marc