[mythtv-users] Restrict tuner usage at a given time

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Aug 17 00:23:43 UTC 2009

On Sunday 16 August 2009 18:05:47 Steve Harrington wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I have a tuner (HD-PVR) that I would like to _not_ record from 3-3:30 AM
> every day as that is the time the Dish receiver grabs listings for the
> next day.  Is there a way to do this for this one tuner besides looking
> at the upcoming recordings?

I'd like to get my HD-PVR working with my DISH VIP722, are you running trunk
or back patches (just curious).

A current problem with the 722 is that after it does it's download it requires
a "select" to get back to working normally. I can change the time of the D/L,
but I haven't found any way to srop the receiver from going into a "press
select" screen

Do you have this problem? do you have a solution or workaround?

As for your question, I suppose you could write a couple of scripts to remove
and then replace the tuner via a cron job, the scheduler would not be aware
of what those scripts were going to do and when, so I'm guessing this would
not work acceptably.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org