[mythtv-users] Via XvMC & Myth

Cecil Watson knoppmyth at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 23:36:48 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Cecil, good to know there is a supported distribution out there...
> but I was kind of trying to avoid having more than one distribution running
> (learning/frustration curve and all that).

You're welcome.

> any ideas?

Ideas regarding?  Learning what exactly?  KnoppMyth is Debian based.  While
LinHES is derived from Arch Linux, there isn't much to learn.  I'd like to
think we keep things simple.  In fact, that is the entire idea behind
KnoppMyth and now LinHES.  Since starting KnoppMyth six years ago, the idea
was to make it an appliance.  LinHES is now even more focuses on being an
appliance.  I think in most cases everything you need to do can be done with
a remote (depending on your remote of course).  That includes installation
thru daily use to configuration.

Myself and the development team go thru the frustration of making it work
(If it doesn't provide details and we'll try our best.  Work with us so it
just works for others in the future.).  If you choose to use
KnoppMyth/LinHES, you get to enjoy the benefits of our frustration. :)

Enjoy the day,

Cecil