[mythtv-users] Mythstream for trunk

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Aug 16 02:30:14 UTC 2009

> John H wrote:
> > When trying to view a video (NASA TV) the top half of the video in
> > reduced mode within the mythstream gui  flickers, the flicker part
> > looks like the area where the volume display and the equalizer bar is
> > located. You then have to hit the ok button twice to get in full
> > screen mode. The first time you hit the ok it goes to half view with
> > the mythstream GUI in the background. Once you hit ok again, it goes
> > to full screen and the flicker goes away. I noticed this in the log
> > file
> >
> > QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a
> paintEvent
>
> I believe that this is the result of MythStream calling QPainter
> outside
>   the MythStream classes paintEvent function. I have added a patch
> <http://code.google.com/p/minimyth/source/browse/trunk/gar-
> minimyth/script/myth-trunk/mythstream/files/mythstream-0.18_qt4-
> qt_paintevent_fix.patch>
> that I hope fixes this problem.
>
> In addition, I have added a patch to switch from using bitBlt to using
> QPainter::drawPixmap:
> <http://code.google.com/p/minimyth/source/browse/trunk/gar-
> minimyth/script/myth-trunk/mythstream/files/mythstream-0.18_qt4-
> qt_bitblt_replace.patch>
>
> Hopefully, these two changes will fix your problems with flicker as it
> should allow Qt to better optimize the screen updates and to make
> better
> use of hardware acceleration.

Thanks for the apple trailers patch.
I also applied both of these, I still see flicker when in the mini window.

Now I'm just having 1 more issue with the apple trailers, not related to the
plugin thou. Mplayer spazes out on some of the higher resolution videos.
Which is weird as xine plays them fine. I even enabled vdpau with no
noticeable difference.

Marc