[mythtv-users] LiveTV and browse question

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 18:22:48 UTC 2009

> Current time, 18.00.
> Browsing channel 1, i see what is showing now and wonder what the next show
> is, i browse the shows, seeing what starts 19.00, and then what starts
> 20.00.
> Now i  browse to channel 2. I would expect to see what is on that channel
> now, 18.00, instead i see what is on that channel 20.00. And to see what is
> actually on now i need to browse back on the shows on channel 2 until i get
> to the current time.
> To mee that behaviour seems strange. When browsing to another channel the
> browse OSD should reset to the current time and show what is on right now.
>
> Is this bugs or does someone think that these "features" are exactly as
> intended, or maybe this is fixed in trunk?

This behavior makes perfect sense to me and doing it the way you
suggest would be incredibly inconvenient. Think about it from a
usability standpoint. In your scenario you have to click back to the
regular time slot and then you can continue browsing channels as
normal. Now assume that my show is over in 15 minuts and there is a
commercial on so I browse to see what is coming up next. I can just
click over to the next time slot and scroll through all the channels
to decide what to watch. If it were changed to the way you suggest
then I would have change channel then change time slot, then change
channel and then change time slot, and so on for each channel. It
would be unusable.