[mythtv-users] mythtv database and video file clean up

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Aug 15 18:03:18 UTC 2009

On 08/15/2009 01:54 PM, Stephen Shelton wrote:
> 4) Many preview images have not been cleaned up, and many do not exist where
> they should.

rm /path/to/recordings/directory/*.png

(repeat for all recordings directories).  Do /not/ forget the ".png"
after the asterisk.

Myth will re-create the previews when required.  The easiest way to get
it to do so is to hit the MythWeb Recorded Programs page.

I'll leave the other questions for people who actually trust the
unmaintained, legacy scripts created for cleaning up.  Note, also, that
I'm working on patches to put all the cleanup for 1 and 3 into the
backend where it belongs (allowing access from mythfrontend or MythWeb
or whatever).

Mike