[mythtv-users] Lirc key repeats on Harmony 525

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Aug 15 15:18:12 UTC 2009

On 08/14/2009 11:41 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> Yes, this is normal. You need to modify your lirc configuration file (the
>> one in ~/.lircrc) to add the repeat parameter. Something like:
>>
>> begin
>>    prog = mythtv
>>    button = OK
>>    repeat = 3
>>    config = Space
>> end
>>
>> repeat means to register every nth keypress, so since you are registering 3
>> keypresses for every one repeat = 3 should do the trick. It needs to be
>> added to every button where you wish to register only the nth keypress
>
> I've checked the config against my numeric buttons and they all have
> repeat parameters like this:
>
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = 0
> repeat = 4
> config = 0
> end
>
> begin
> prog = mythtv
> button = 1
> repeat = 4
> config = 1
> end
>
> etc...
>
> I've tried chaning the repeat setting to values such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 9,
> 50 but no matter what setting I enter I _always_ get 2 *s for each
> number press in the PIN field. In between each change to ~/.lircrc I
> restarted mythfrontend, but no matter what I do I can't get this to
> work. Could it be something in the /etc/lircd.conf file below? What
> does that "min_repeat" parameter do?

I believe its only relevant for ir transmit, not for receive. From
lirc's NEWS file:

0.6.2: 09/10/00
   * added support for IRdeo (www.pofahl.de/irdeo.htm). Many thanks to
     Hans-Hermann Redenius for contributing a device.
   * Konrad Riedel has added support for CARACA (caraca.sourceforge.net)
   * added min_repeat option to lircd.conf
     Some remotes (e.g. Sony) send the IR codes several times if you
     press a button even though you don't hold the button down. This
     new option tells lircd how often it should send a code
     additionally to the first code. In order to send the code three
     times altogether you have to set min_repeat to 2.

What you might need to do is adjust some of the signal transmitting
params within your Harmony remote's config.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com