[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct now offers Canadian OTA digital listings...

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 10:51:16 UTC 2009

On 8/14/09, Nicolas Riendeau <knightr at istop.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Colin McGregor wrote:
>> For those of us in Canada, do note that Schedules Direct is now
>> offering over the air (O.T.A.) listing data for digital TV stations.
>>
>> Up until now, as someone living in Toronto, Ontario I have claimed to
>> Schedules Direct to be in Youngstown, NY (the point in the US closest
>> to me). This allowed me to get the Buffalo, NY O.T.A. digital station
>> listings, but ... that seemed wrong, as I am happy / proud to be
>> Canadian ...
>
> In my case I pretend to be in Richford, VT...

Ah, the Eastern Townships, I grew up in Lennoxville, Quebec... :-) .

>> The current listings aren't perfect (they don't include the fairly new
>> Ion channels (51.1 - 51.4), but still, nice, if small improvement...
>>

> In my case even after re-adding the lineup there are still quite a few
> missing
> channels... I wonder if it would be best to wait a while for things to
> stabilize
> (since it's so new that they support digital OTA in Canada) or if we should
> start
> reporting lineup issues...

Well, I've sent in a note reporting the two issues I've noticed,
namely the missing Ion Channels and they still list a number of now
dead US analog stations (the latter MIGHT be a deliberate move on
Schedules Direct part for any of several reasons...).

If I were you I would send in a brief polite note about the missing
channels. I figure they can't fix what they don't know about...

> Thanks for the heads up!
>
> Nick

You're welcome.

Colin