[mythtv-users] Controlling TV and amp using IR signals

Glenn Sommer glemsom at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:31:44 UTC 2009

As you might have heard on the IRC channel - I've been looking for a
way to control my TV and amp using IR signals - and a way to test the
current state of my TV.

I've managed to do this using some shellscrips, lirc and i2cdump.

On the IRC channel I've noticed other people looking for the same
solution - so I though I'll share my finding here.
Please note, as stated on my homepage - the scripts are designed to
work on MY system. But they can easily be modified to work on others
aswell! :)

Feel free to grap whatever you find usefull:
http://glemsom.anapnea.net/mythtv/mythtv-control-ir.html

Regards
Glenn Sommer