[mythtv-users] Snow on analog stations

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 14 00:13:12 UTC 2009

I just rebuilt my box due to some hardware issues.  I'm running
Mythbuntu 9.04 64-bit.  Any recordings that I make using the DVB portion
of my pcHDTV 5500 card work fine (recordings or live TV), but the analog
stations all come in as white or green snow.  I had this problem about a
year ago when I was trying to put the nVidia 177.82 drivers on.

At that time, the problem ended up being corrected by checking "Open DVB
on demand" in mythtv-setup.  I just tried this and it had no effect.  I
have version 180.44 of nVidia that came with the Mythbuntu
installation.  Any ideas on what I need to do to get this back to
working?  Upgrade the nVidia drivers perhaps?

Thanks,
Harry