[mythtv-users] Minimum hardware recomendation

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:10:46 UTC 2009

> This article has some interesting comments on the topic:
> http://www.grynx.com/projects/salvage-your-device-after-liquid-spill/2/
>
> As they say, just watch out for connectors and buttons that don't
> handle water well.
>
>   Marc

And be sure to ignore the part about using gasoline and listen and read the
comments.

Personally, if I spilled something that was water soluble, I would just use
water to wash it off.  There is no reason to use anything else.

Funny story.  I took my car for service and they recommended new winshield
wipers.  When I picked it up they said that I had some nasty sap on the
windshiled and that they tried everything, sap remover, gasoline, and
nothing took it off.  He said they had to scrape it off and spent a half
hour doing it (he didn't charge me for that time, btw).  I said I was
familiar with that sap and water took it right off.  I then used a little
spit and took all the sap off the side window to show him.  In my
experience, stuff either comes off with water or solvent.  What comes off
with one is immune to the other.

Allen