[mythtv-users] Atom-based Fit-PC frontend?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Aug 13 15:15:29 UTC 2009

On Aug 13, 2009, at 11:09 AM, Robin Smith wrote:

> Anyone try a Fit-PC2 for a Myth frontend yet?
>
> The specs look better than the original Fit-PC and it has a built in
> IR receiver! $315 at Amazon!
>
>  fit-PC2 Diskless
>
>    * CPU: Intel Atom Z530 1.6GHz
>    * Storage: No hard disk. Bay for 2.5" SATA
>    * WiFi: 802.11b/g
>    * No operating system
>
> Standard features:
>
>    * Memory: 1GB DDR2
>    * Display: DVI up to 1920x1080

Intel (but not really) GMA500 graphics. Aka, poulsbo BS with the
PowerVR core that requires a crack-riddled binary-only driver that
only halfway exists to do anything useful. Supposed to be able to do
hardware decode of most common video codecs, but I'm not aware of
anything (certainly not myth) that can take advantage of it yet.

But otherwise, an amusing little box.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com