[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Video Acceleration Question (h.264)

Brad DerManouelian bderman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:25:54 UTC 2009

On Aug 13, 2009, at 7:08 AM, doug at fawnanddoug.com wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.  My understanding was that VDPAU only
> worked on nvidia video cards and that the Mac Mini has an intel
> chipset.
> Is there a way to get VDPAU working with the Mac Mini?

Oh, sorry.. I read Intel Core 2 and my brain thought Core 2 Duo
thinking you had the newer Mini with the nvidia graphics card.

As far as I'm aware, the only way to get hardware acceleration with
the Intel video chipset is to run it under OS X and choose Mac
Hardware Acceleration in the frontend. The linux drivers don't support
it.