[mythtv-users] Noise when video is paused

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 20:21:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Jerry Rubinow<jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sometimes, maybe one in ten times or less, when I pause the video while
> > playing a recorded program, my speakers will start a loud constant hum.
> >  From one instance to the next the volume will vary, but during a given
> > pause it is constant.  Goes away as soon as I unpause.  Any ideas for
> > possible causes?
> > Thanks,
> > Jerry
>
> Most likely candidate would be analog outputs and poorly shielded
> cables/interference.
>
> Robert

I should've mentioned, audio path is spdif from computer to receiver,
regular speaker wire from receiver to speakers.  Also, the hum is usually
much louder than the audio that was playing when unpaused.  That is, if it
was present the whole time, I should've been able to hear it before pausing.

-Jerry