[mythtv-users] 0.22 && Storage Groups

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:48:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Nasa<nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> No comments were made disputting this conclusion -- was this assertion correct or has it changed?
> If it is correct and hasn't changed, I really don't understand(what a surprise, told you I was daft) what you were getting at with your reply.

We are dealing with (and you originally quoted a topic about) Video
Storage Groups, not recording ones.  The advantages generally hold
true, but some of the assumptions about how it should work need to be
considered differently for videos.  Namely, do we go all Storage
Groups for videos?  Do we allow a local mount as well?  If so, how do
we handle local media that is not part of a Storage Group?  These are
unanswered questions and we are trying to figure out how best to make
this work.  So, in short, take this as a "we're trying to make Video
Storage Groups work in a friendly way, and trying to figure out the
most user-friendly way of presenting that information."

It's not a given that Video Storage Groups will be enabled for .22,
there's still a *lot* of work to be done for them.  But if they are,
there are open questions that need to be figured out before then.

Robert