[mythtv-users] Zotac memory ?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:30:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Kevin
Bailey<ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:55:53AM -0400, Tom Lichti wrote:
>> I thought it was just me. I had the exact same problem with mine, I
>> tried two different brands of RAM, I think I had the same Kingston as
>> you, then I tried Adata, and had the same problem. I RMA'ed the board
>> and it worked.
>>
>> Having said that, I also had a problem with the power switch I was
>> using, which may or may not have been related.
>
> I was just perusing the Zotac boards and realized that I hadn't
> provided a power switch. I guess I thought these PSU boards
> didn't need one. Do you think a jumper across the power switch
> pins of the front panel header would be sufficient ? Or is it
> edge triggered ?

You can use a screwdriver or pocketknife or something to short the
power switch jumpers to get the board to power up.  Once you get that,
you can press Delete to enter the BIOS setup, then change the external
power behavior so that it always powers on when the power cord is
plugged in.  Then you won't really need a power button.

Jim