[mythtv-users] 0.22 && Storage Groups

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 12 15:40:42 UTC 2009

Howdy,

I was just reading the svn commit page and noted the following comment:

This is as intended. You can have Storage Groups (and ultimately we will support *only* Storage Groups) or you can have the local mounts, but we will not be supporting both at once. The recent change to scanning behavior enforces the use of Storage Groups when they exist.

This leds me to a number of questions (mostly because I'm really slow and have been confused on this point for a while)....

1. What exactly are the benifits of storage groups?

2. How is it better than just using symbolic links?

3. How do you go from local mounts to storage groups without having to rescan everything again?

Anybody care to enlighten me?

Nasa