[mythtv-users] improve ota reception issues

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 06:01:12 UTC 2009

I am using mythbuntu 9.04 with the latest standard updates.
I get my tv ota.  Sometime I experience signal dropouts.  During this time, the image on the screen will freeze.  Sometimes it will recover and continue playing, but other times it will stay frozen.  If I exit and re-enter live tv, the picture will be okay.  That tells me the signal strength is now good, even thou the live tv screen remained frozen.
What I would like to know is if there is a way to increase the time mythtv will wait for a good signal and then continue playing?  Can I change something that might help with this?
My ota signal is the best it is ever going to get.
Thanks