[mythtv-users] Lost PVR500 cards after system upgrade

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Tue Aug 11 21:55:36 UTC 2009

Well, it looks like the drivers installed but what about their mount points
in dev?
What is the output of ls -al /dev/video*?
What about your dmesg? What does it say about ivtv? Output of dmesg | grep
ivtv?

A few months back I upgraded from an old trunk circa 16000 to current 20000+
and My PVR-500 vanished from my backend too. Mythtv-setup said they were
there but my backend did not see them. I was able to rectify this by
deleting my cards in mythtv-setup and reading them. Don't worry, doing this
will not delete your channels or anything else.

Marc