[mythtv-users] Howto redirect sound from Windows Box to Mythbuntu Box?

Iain Buchanan iaindb at netspace.net.au
Tue Aug 11 04:07:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 12:25 +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Oddball Question here :)

> The mythbuntu 9.04 box with the webcam is hooked up to a surround sound
> amp. I'd really like to be able to speak via the amp to the pets so I can
> freak them out :) issue commands and generally keep us all entertained.

haha, your pets will soon develop a complex thinking that you're
"everywhere"!!

um, anyway, I _get_ sound from a windows xp box using rdesktop (rdesktop
-r sound ...) however the rdesktop man page says "Redirects sound
generated on the server to the client." so it sounds (haha) like it's
one-way.  Don't know if it's worth looking into...

There's also this one you could try if you have a pci sound card:
 -r lspci
        Activates the lspci channel, which allows the server to  enumer-
        ate  the  clients PCI devices. See the file lspci-channel.txt in
        the documentation for more information.

good luck!

Ambidextrous, adj.:
	Able to pick with equal skill a right-hand pocket or a left.