[mythtv-users] updating the database after manual transcoding

Michael Spiegel michael.m.spiegel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:45:21 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've been running mythtranscode manually on some of my older
recordings to re-encode them into smaller files.  Does the mythtv
database store the file formats along with the other recording
information? I've noticed that the file size listed in the mythtv
frontend does not change after I convert the files.  I've also been
having some memory usage problems with mythtranscode and nuvexport
when I try to archive these recordings on a DVD.  I'm wondering if
these two issues are related.  I tried running myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
but that doesn't seem to notice the different file format.

Thanks,
--Michael