[mythtv-users] Myth (music) iPhones, Mac OSX and integrating iTunes with Myth

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:20:37 UTC 2009

> I now want to integrate itunes (ie the Mac/iPhone) and myth music.
> Years ago I ripped my CDs into flac - now having gone for apple
> products this may seem the wrong choice in retrospect.  I may need to
> re-rip or transcode or re-import into iTunes.

FFMPEG now supports encoding audio into ALAC.  I used Ubuntu, and there's a
guide out there that showed me how to do the compile.  FFMPEG can also
transfer *most* meta data using the meta-data flag.  When I tried to convert
FLAC to ALAC, it moved over most meta data.  I think the comments were
messed up and it didn't keep the image.  I also don't think it kept the
"Total Tracks" and "CD#" tags.  But if you don't care about the image, then
your fine.

Jim