[mythtv-users] Problem with Hauppage HVR1300 Board in Fedora 11

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Aug 9 22:12:42 UTC 2009

On 08/09/2009 04:44 PM, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2009, at 2:45 PM, "Chris Jones" wrote:
>
>     cx88[0]/2-bb: ERROR: Hotplug firmware request failed
>     (v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw).
>
>     cx88[0]/2-bb: Please fix your hotplug setup, the board will not work
>     without firmware loaded!
>
> The card won't ever work correctly until you get the appropriate
> firmware on it, as the driver keeps telling you...
>
> */[|] Jarod/*
>
> */ /*
>
> */... and where do I find linux versions of the Hauppage HVR1300
> drivers? The Hauppage FTP site seems only to contain Windoze driver
> packages. There is also no way to access the UK site where the HVR1300
> card is sold (as a Windoze only card). Strange that as it worked
> flawlessly in Fedora 10./*
>
> */ /*
>
> */The ivtv driver wiki page needs updating because Hauppage seem to have
> changed their ftp site fairly dramatically so that the links provided no
> longer work./*

Google is your friend. A search for 'hvr-1300 linux firmware' reveals a
number of relevant links, as does a search for 'v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw',
including a direct download link in the ivtv wiki. But long story short,
'yum install ivtv-firmware' should actually do the trick for you. Note
that it seems the firmware is only for the analogue side of the card
though, it shouldn't impact the digital side, unless the driver is
somehow cranky w/o the firmware present now.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com