[mythtv-users] Myth (music) iPhones, Mac OSX and integrating iTunes with Myth

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 19:01:36 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I have gone for a Mac as a laptop, needing a new phone I have also
purchased an iPhone.  Evil I know,

I now want to integrate itunes (ie the Mac/iPhone) and myth music.
Years ago I ripped my CDs into flac - now having gone for apple
products this may seem the wrong choice in retrospect.  I may need to
re-rip or transcode or re-import into iTunes.

How do others integrate their Apple Laptops, iPhones, Itunes with Myth?

My requirements are;

- Have music on my Mac, Iphone (subset and it is does not have enough
storage) and Myth
- Ability to play music anywhere (ie the mac or iphone do not need to
"see" the server.

Reading the wiki there is one solution which is to copy iTunes acc
files and playlists from itunes and import these into myth.

- Any advances on this?
- Any howtos/guides?
- ACC or Apple Lossless or other?

Thanks