[mythtv-users] HVR-1800 can't find digital channels after upgrade to Fedora 11

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Aug 7 19:25:14 UTC 2009

On Aug 7, 2009, at 2:53 PM, Scott Macdonell wrote:

>> That's probably the first thing to figure out. I vaguely recall
>> someone saying they needed to nuke all their capture cards and re-
>> add them to solve a similar >error message somewhere or another.
>> Might be worth a shot, if you haven't already done so.
>

>     I'm pretty sure I tried deleting all my capture cards in mythtv-
> setup. I got a little frusterated this morning and installed
> MythDora 10.21, now that line is gone, but the channel scan still
> doesn't work. So now, when I scan the terminal for mythtv-setup
> looks like:
>
> 2009-08-07 09:59:27.317 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
> localhost
> 2009-08-07 10:02:31.093 DVBChan(11:0) Error: Tune(): Setting
> Frontend tuning parameters failed.
>            eno: Invalid argument (22)

I'm currently at a loss then, my 1800 works perfectly fine. Though,
perhaps that message is normal, if we try scanning on a freq out of
range, and its just a red herring. Only other thing that comes to mind
is maybe you've got your coax hooked to the wrong input on the card?
Mine's got 3, and only the middle one should be used for digital,
iirc...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com