[mythtv-users] HVR-1800 can't find digital channels after upgrade to Fedora 11

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Aug 7 17:55:10 UTC 2009

On Aug 7, 2009, at 3:56 AM, Chris Jones wrote:

>> None. I've had an HVR-1800 in my master backend, running 64-bit
>> Fedora
>> 11 for ages now (well, at least 3 months, going back to well before
>> 11
>> was actually released), without a single issue...
>
> I actually upgraded my Fedora 10 to Fedora 11 and promptly found
> that Mythtv
> would not work. I am currenly re-installing Fedora 11 in the hope that
> MythTV will work properly. If this does not work, I will probably
> move to
> Ubuntu (or even windoze).

MythTV works just fine on Fedora 11. I have run it on multiple Fedora
11 systems, including ones upgraded from F10. Dunno why it isn't
working for you, but its certainly not a case of it not working on F11
in general.

Personally, I think reinstalling and/or switching to another distro is
generally NOT the answer when you run into problems, but to each his/
her own...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com